Friday, May 29, 2009

Pyramids

This is from a class I took at Seams Like Home about 2 years ago I think. So it's really a newbie to my UFO pile, but quilting a lapsize quilt seemed really appealing after that flannel beast. This pattern is usually called either 1,000 Pyramids or 10,000 Pyramids, I forget which, and has a ton of bias to deal with. It didn't stretch too bad although next time I will use a heavier hand with the starch before I cut my pieces out. And yes, you heard me right, I liked it so much I think I will make another one! Not right away- I'm not ready to give up on my battle against the UFO's- but I am starting to plan.

You can sort of see my quilting lines if you look really closely. I did a zig zag pattern following the same angle of the triangles (it reminds me of Charlie Brown's shirt).

And for the back I found a really cool varigated striped batik. All the fabrics on the front are batik too.

I've decided to give this one to a family member with a birthday in June- I hope she likes blue!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! That turned out beautifully! I love the fabrics and the backing! Makes me anxious to get to my new house and set up to finish my 10,000 Triangles. Can you believe it was 2 summers ago we took these classes??? Where does the time go? Miss you like crazy & love ya more!

tessahjake said...

woah - its gorgeous