Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Class Part 1

Monday night was the first session of my class out in Eagle River. It was just me and 1 student- I had 1 no-show and 1 student is in Hawaii and will join us next week. My student (Ms. Kris Miller) decided on the "Beautiful Batik" pattern which has 5 cuts. She is making 12 squares which makes a nice lap size and is using flannel fabric from the line "Baby Talk". I took a couple of work in progress photos to share:


I found out Kris has her own quilting business-she has a nolting long-arm machine that you can rent (after taking a class on set-up) and quilt your own quilts using her machine- no more trying to wrestle your quilt through your home machine. I may have to try this out in the future- of course only on those that aren't quilt-as-you-go ;)
I'll give you another update after next Monday when we work on the decorative stitching.

No comments: