Sunday, August 31, 2008

Valdez

Where did August go?? My mother and I are teaching at a quilting festival in Valdez September 11-14. That's only 2 weeks away! I'm getting nervous. When I used to teach this class there was a lot of prep work, but now everything is right in the book. I keep thinking "I have to do a million things to get ready!" but really I don't- the instructions are in the book, the sample quilts are done. This is the first time trying to teach it as a condensed class though- 14 hours over 2 days (and we are hoping the classroom is free in the evening so I can work late with the night owls & my mom has volunteered to wake up and work with the early birds) I really hope that the ladies can go home with finished quilts.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Are you excited? Are you taking Audrey with you? Make sure you take pictures and tell us all about your trip!

Sarah said...

Actually that's the other exciting part- Ryan took the time off to stay at home w/ Audrey and I'm only teaching 2 of the 4 days we'll be there, so I'll have plenty of time to explore by myself! (or stay in our hotel room and sew)

Laura said...

That is truly exciting! I read about some awesome trails down there. I hope you get to do WHATEVER you want! Congrats on Houston as well.

Ann said...

Sarah: I am teaching in Valdez too and would like to ask you a couple of questions. Could you call me at 529-2636?

Thanks

Ann C.