Friday, September 19, 2008

Delayed Reaction

Okay, it's been a few weeks since we came back from Valdez but in my defense my computer has been on the fritz and I have been otherwise occupied in my kitchen (making blueberry jam, blueberry sorbet, blueberry tart, 5 apple pies and peach jam). Soooo... here are a few photos from our trip:

the Calico Whale is the local quilt shop in Valdez (I forgot to take photos on the interior)


and this was a sign we passed in Glennallen which required an abrupt U turn and some investigation. Turned out to be a cute seasonal quilt shop- it's small but the prices were right!! The photo below shows their entire fabric collection (priced from $4-$7 per yard from what I could see) and they had a separate classroom area as well.






This guy cracked us up- his plane was parked in one of the roadside pullouts in the middle of nowhere with a tent set up beneath one of the wings. We were nowhere near an airstrip (as far as I know)- he must have landed on the highway, taxied to the rest stop and set up camp. How strange! You can view the rest of my Valdez photos on my Flickr account if you're interested.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Discovering quilt shops along a trip is such fun cause it is usually an unexpected surprize!!! Fun stuff!
The plane/tent thing... interesting... up here you would get a big fine for landing on a roadway...